Prospective students may apply for a postgraduate degree programme or postgraduate diploma programme by submitting an application to the Institute:
- Obtain the hard copy of Application Formfrom Assistant Registrar/PGIHS by sending a request with a self-addressed envelope to the following address: PO Box 71, Peradeniya 20400, Sri Lanka;
- Download the soft copy from the web site www.pgihs.ac.lk OR
- Obtain the soft copy by writing to Programme Officer at email@example.com
Follow the instructions given in the Application Form and provide the required information correctly and clearly
- Attach the following documents to your application
- certified copies of certificates (e.g. Birth Certificate, degree or other higher educational certificates, etc.)
- two copies of recent passport size photograph
- service letter/s (if required) in the given format.
- two referee reports preferably from academics/mentors/supervisors/senior government officers/head of institution (mandatory if applying for MPhil and PhD degrees) in the given format.
- synopsis of proposed research (if applying for a research degree)
- payment slip of Application Fee (Local: Rs. 1000/-, Foreign: US$ 25/-).
- Send duly completed Application Form to Assistant Registrar, PGIHS, PO Box 71, Peradeniya 20400, Sri Lanka.
VERY IMPORTANT: An applicant shall make arrangement with the university or higher educational institute from where they obtained degrees, diplomas or any other qualification which are submitted as qualification for admission to send official transcripts of degrees, diplomas or other qualifications to receiveAssistant Registrar, PGIHS, PO Box 71, Peradeniya 20400, Sri Lanka by registered post or as an email attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com one month from the date of application.
Application Form (PGIHS/APP/Form 001)
Service Letter (PGIHS/APP/Form 002)
Referee Report(PGIHS/APP/Form 003)
Candidates applying for a research degree should submit a synopsis of his/her intended research. The synopsis should be about 300 words written in English and may include the following: Title of the research, Background/Introduction, Research question/s, Research objective/s, Methodology, Brief literature survey, Expected outcome and a few very important references.